Linked to the now disappeared Palace of the Casa de Quirós, this church dates back to the 12th century, but after undergoing major alterations in the 16th and 17th centuries, the Romanesque work was greatly altered.
It has three naves: the central nave, with four bays, is separated from the side naves by arches on columns and is crowned by a square chevet. Of its original roof, only a section of star-shaped vaulting and two ashlar arches remain, the rest being the result of the reconstruction carried out after the fire it suffered in 1936.
At the foot of the church, the main Romanesque doorway opens in the centre, with a round arch and two archivolts supported by two columns with capitals decorated with stylised plant motifs, the archivolts are decorated with checkerboard and zigzag lines.
Flanking the Romanesque doorway are two side doorways, possibly from the 16th century, in the purist Herrerian style, with a semicircular arch and an archivolt on a column, framed by two fluted pilasters, entablature, pediment and ball finial. They are sheltered under an open atrium of Tuscan stone columns which, together with the belfry, may date from the 18th century.