Send Print
Parish Church of San Esteban (Tapia de Casariego)
Tapia de Casariego (Western Asturias)
Iglesia parroquial de San Esteban (Tapia de Casariego)
  • Ecclesiastical
Parish churches in this part of the region often follow a pattern that is repeated throughout the western coastal area, with a porch and tower at the west end.

The Church of San Esteban, with its stylized tower, can be seen from almost anywhere in the town of Tapia de Casariego. Neo-Gothic in style, it comprises three naves separated by pointed arches on pillars and covered by groin vaulting.

At the east end it has a square bell tower topped by a balustrade, where a huge stone statue of the Sacred Heart stands.

One of the people behind the building of the church, which commenced in 1896, was the Marquis of Casariego.

See location and how to get there
icono
Parish Church of San Esteban (Tapia de Casariego)
GPS:43.569369,-6.943962